Friday, 5 June 2015

Sock finishes and lovely things

With moving house just a couple of weeks away, I have had little time to quilt, so some projects will have to wait until I have my new sewing room set up. But I have managed a cross stitch finish and two pairs of socks. Stitching and knitting are keeping me calm while we pack up our belongings after a massive decluttering operation which actually feels marvellous.

The cross stitch finish is a design by Sandra Sullivan called Crows a Plenty. Stitched on 30 count linen using the lovely Gentle Arts threads,



Two pairs of socks came off the needles, a vanilla sock in self patterning yarn by Regia  (bottom), and my first patterned sock, by which I mean I had to keep the pattern going down to the toe - Hermiones Everyday sock, a free pattern on Ravelry (top)


So, as a reward, I bought some more sock yarn to knit a pair of socks for DH. He chose West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4 ply in the Blue Tit colourway. He likes long socks so plenty of TV knitting coming up!


And as a treat for all my hours of lovely slow stitching and knitting, I bought this beautiful project bag from Fondant Fibre which came with a pretty stitch marker, a bar of Knitter's soap in Mahogany, and a lemon lollipop!  





I hope that you enjoy some slow stitching this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I love your little cross stitch piece. Good luck with the move - how nice to have decluttered first and make a fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your house move. Hope it goes smoothly. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm knitting right now a hermione sock too. Yours look great. (better than mine, but I'm improving)

    ReplyDelete